Rhode Island, like many East Coast states, is experiencing an influx of out-of-state residents from major cities. Ocean State is known for its unique attitude, which welcomes all backgrounds.
- 1st in natural environment
- 5th in health care
- 13th in low crime and correction
- 20th in economy
The city is situated at the mouth of the Providence River at the head of Narragansett Bay. Providence was one of the first cities in the country to industrialize and became noted for its textile manufacturing and subsequent machine tool, jewelry, and silverware industries.
Other fun facts about Rhode Island:
- Rhode Island is the smallest US state.
- Until 2020 it had the longest state name.
- Despite its diminutive size, Newport has over 400 miles of coastline.
- Rhode Island is one of the original US colonies.
- Rhode Island is surrounded by Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York.
No Matches Found